Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nanaimo Art Gallery Call to Artists

Call to Artists

The December Show

Nanaimo Art Gallery invites submissions by artists from Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and beyond for inclusion in The December Show, a group exhibition and sale that brings together emerging and established artists with art lovers and buyers. The exhibition will take place at the downtown gallery, 150 Commercial Street, from November 28 to December 22, 2013. Artworks in a wide range of media (including but not limited to painting, drawing, printmaking, textile, photography, ceramic, sculpture and video) will be considered. We are looking for quality,original and exciting artworks that attend to relevant issues and themes.

All artworks will be for sale and values determined by the artists, up to $250. Each artist may submit up to 3 works that have not previously been exhibited at Nanaimo Art Gallery.
All submissions that meet the submission criteria will be considered. Artists will receive 60% of the sale amount. Nanaimo Art Gallery will receive the remaining 40% with proceeds supporting exhibition programming. Shipping to and from the Gallery will be the responsibility of the artist. Works must arrive ready to install and framed (if required) to professional and saleable standards.

To apply, artists must submit the following:

• Jpeg images of the artwork(s). Images must be clearly labeled with artist name, title and date.
• In a pdf or Word document, please include: (1) a short artist bio/CV; (2) a list of submitted works with title, size, medium, date, dimensions and installation specifications; (3) a short description of each work (approx. 200 words)

Original artworks will not be accepted as part of the submission process. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. If your submission is accepted you will be contacted.
No phone calls please.

Submissions deadline: October 21, 2013

Please send submissions via email to submissions@nanaimogallery.ca with subject line “ The December Show” or via post to: Nanaimo Art Gallery, Attn.: “The December Show”, 150 Commercial St., Nanaimo, BC, V9R 5G6.

No comments:

Post a Comment