Sunday, December 30, 2012

Taryn Brown at the Gallery of the Mattick's Farm




Taryn was born in Oliver, BC where she studied art from a young age. At the age of 18 she won the honour of having her art featured on the cover and inside of BC Art Teacher's Magazine. She is a prolific self-taught artist who often sells out of her exhibits. Her art is popular with many and is constantly evolving. She received her BA from Uvic, studie in Malaga, Spain (the birth place of Picasso) and currently lives in Victoria. Her work has been featured in galleries all across Canada.

Artist statement


"I think of my art as an act of defiance against dullness....My art is full of life, juicy color and energy. What I want to capture in my art is not an accurate portrayal of the subject, but the energy and dynamism of the subject. I mostly use a poured application with a palette knife and attempt to avoid any use of a brush at all, because I feel more free not using a brush. I want the paint to speak and move for itself." 


Jan. 1 to 31, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment