Thursday, November 22, 2018

Bill Bartlett at Xchanges Gallery and Studios

I have just come from Xchanges Gallery and Studios where I do most of my figurative sketching. I spent the morning assisting Bill Bartlett, gallery coordinator with his show that opens this Friday, November 23, 7Pm. This is some show like nothing I have seen in a long time, figurative works, a whimsical female gang of characters, dozens of them strewn across the gallery walls expressing great joy in just being women. And so well done in graphite, ink and watercolour. I've known Bill for over 40 years and it is so good to see him a master of his work. And he is. He is now up there with the likes of Gustaf Klimt and Egon Schiele. Today it was a privilege working with him. The show is a pop up show that only lasts for 3 days. his 2 studios will be open where you can wander through his interesting life. So go to the gallery behind the Dairy Queen on Douglas and Bay Streets and see this man's great work.
 
Rick Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment