Saturday, April 2, 2016

Nathan Davis - April 2016 - Artist of the Month

 
 
Creating art is very therapeutic for me, the process of emptying my heart and soul into each piece I create helps me clear my head and sort myself out.  Ever since I was a child I used art as a way for me to deal with the bad times and enhance the good times, using colour and canvas as my form of expression.

For over three decades I've been heavily influenced by graffiti, I love the bright colours and individual expression that go with this style of art.  Letter bending and playing with colour has given me the foundation for how I approach my work in other mediums such as pencil crayon, watercolour, acrylic and custom model trains.  Although my background is primarily in custom graffiti pieces and abstract acrylics I've recently been playing around with portraits and landscapes, learning new mediums and techniques.  It's super fun capturing the energy and personality of my subjects, whether they are human or animal.  

Life is short and during my time here I hope to keep creating pieces that not only make me feel good and represent me as an artist but make those around me smile.

Stay Creative.



 
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment