Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Terry Fenton and Liz Charsley-Jory at Winchester Gallery in Oak Bay




 Contemplating Nature

"My work reflects a desire to escape the hectic urban pace of life and to make time for contemplation of the natural world. My compositions of rural and urban wilderness, uninhabited by intrusive figures, offer the viewer a quiet space to muse and enjoy.Referencing 19th century romantic painters, with undercurrents of the sublime, they entice the viewer in, offering detachment from the mundane world and suspension from the passage of time." 

Liz Charsley-Jory



 
Sea and Sky


 "I paint prairie landscapes and west coast seascapes for the most part. This exhibition concentrates mostly on the latter. All of my paintings are about light and atmosphere, skies above and earth or water below. On the coast the sea responds to and echoes the sky and makes the wind uniquely visible.

"I don’t have a “style’ in the usual sense. Each subject, picture size, and surface calls for a different approach. Some paintings are rough and “painterly”, others are smooth and “linear”; some come together quickly, others take months or years to complete. I call myself a “post-abstract” landscape painter because I’ve learned so much from the many abstract artists I’ve known."

Terry Fenton


Opening reception for both artists: Sat. June 6, 2015 @ 1pm 

No comments:

Post a Comment