Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Angela Menzies – October 2013 – Artist of the Month

Unwind #3,2.JPG
Unwind #3,2

Paintings of “Bad Dogs” and “Wild Women” cover the walls of my art studio. This may seem like an odd juxtaposition, for which my only defense is that these are the things that I love. I am a self taught artist who has been working for over twenty years, creating bright, humorous portraits of dogs and nude women in acrylics. My latest series of nudes, titled “Sizes”, focuses on women’s body image; specifically, how my friends see themselves when they are not focusing on their dress size. With titles like “Size: Laughter” and “Size: Courage”, my paintings invite audiences to embrace the very essence of women.

My art studio is open year round by appointment and can be found in East Sooke. Email: bdstudio@telus.net.
cricus freak 001
circus freak



Sidekick













No comments:

Post a Comment