Saturday, March 2, 2013

David Hunwick - March 2013 - Artist of the Month !




My work often touches on elements of our human experience. On reflection, how we change and adapt to changes in us and around us are important themes to me.My work always starts with an emotion and then emerges from that point... I never have a fixed end point in mind. Change, fragmentation, colour,pattern and line are all important elements of my work. I have been sculpting for over 30 years and teaching for 25 years amd yet believe I am about to enter my own renaissance as an artist. I love working in mixed media and use the elements in what I would term "Expressive Sculpture" My work is in many private collections and various sculpture trails in Canada and the UK. In 2008 I set up The Sculpture Studio and work full time on my own work, and commissioned work in addition to mouldmaking and casting.
The Sculpture Studio has also evolved to become a school of sculpture and drawing. Currently I am working on three public sculpture commissions and am planning my first solo show in May called "unseen"




1 comment: