Thursday, July 26, 2012

Maggie Cole at The Metchosin Art Gallery

 
Maggie Cole: A Retrospective, is an exhibition of work done over a period of 14 years.  The origins of the artist's current painting are seeded in her early works in dry point and works on paper.  This show will feature select works from periods in Cole's broad body of work.  The artist described her process by stating, "When I begin I don't have a clear idea of what the finished piece will look like, but I do have a very clear idea of the aesthetic quality I am after. I am always trying to make objects that convey or make clear a feeling - often this feeling is a bittersweet one, reflecting I suppose, how life appears to me."

Maggie Cole has studied at the Victoria College of Art, with Bill Porteous, and is a member of the Abstraction Group.  She is a recipient of a Juror's Choice Award at this years Sooke Fine Art Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment