Thursday, May 6, 2010

Artist of the month, May 2010

Al Williams

A decade of teaching high school Art taught me to truly value creative expression and to understand that we are all potential Artists. It challenged me to explore my personal creative ability and I have been contributing as an artist for over twenty years. It has been a time of discovery, doubt, acceptance and growth. It has led me to know myself as a professional, Canadian Artist producing comtemporary art through a distinctive, self taught approach to painting. My images are done in acrylic on linen and board.
My work has a simplified representational style with emphasized colour and detail: portraits of my personal response to the people, places, and ideas presented by my West Coast surroundings. It often has questioning overtones and hopefully it prompts the viewer to consider the relationships between humanity and the planet we all call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment