Friday, April 16, 2010

Cameron Martin,Cait Helten & Cara Makkinga at "Chimera" -Xchanges Gallery


Chimera
Victoria College of Art —
2010 Graduation Exhibition


Cameron Martin - Coastal Small Towns. “By depicting small towns in my set of works I hope to show their warmth and full character. Their surroundings curiously seem muted to them, but not us. Holding true to my roots, I try to show experiences, left with me while travelling our vast land”.

Cait Helten - “My work is focused on portraits using tone, texture and light to create an individual atmosphere for each subject”.

Cara Makkinga - “All of my works are created though mixed media techniques. Instead of being linked through common subject matter my mixed media paintings are linked with colour scheme, techniques and they all express a word starting with the letter M. They are in the world of abstract, based on simple images that are meant to bring a bigger concept to the mind of the viewer”.



Opening Reception : Fri. April 16, 2010 7 to 10pm    Video

No comments:

Post a Comment